Stanford Online Lesson

 Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing something different. For our term assignment in the Information Technologies course, we were asked to join an online course from another university. I wanted to take a lesson which is different from my department, so I chose "How to Learn Math: For Students" course. I chose this topic because Math was my favorite lesson in high school and the process of university exam preparation math was the only lesson that I enjoyed doing. Still, I help some friends who are preparing for university exams with their math problems, but mostly even if I could solve the problem I was not good at explaining it. All the ways that go to the result were connected in my head but I was not telling it to someone. Sometimes my little sister brings her math book and asks me some questions which are very simple, but I am unable to explain them to my sister, I tell her I do not know how to explain the answer in an easy way. Soo, I started to take this lesson which was given by Stanford University. This was a course that consisted of six lessons and I already took three of them and I want to share with you what I learned so far. First of all, I need to say this everyone can be good at math. I mean, there is no such thing as a math person. When people are born, they are born with the talent to solve math, but what they believe and what they experienced in their lives can affect this situation. The first step to be good at math is to believe in ourselves and not giving up. We should remember that every mistake that we made, takes us to a better position. We need to know how to learn from our mistakes.

Below, I attached a mind map that I prepared after taking this course. I put some videos and information that can help you. I also put Stanford's link in case you wanna take a look at it. Hope you find it beneficial. Thanks in advance.. 



Comments

  1. Hi Fatma, thank you for sharing your experience and the link you attended classes in various classes with us; however, I do not believe what you have said about the possibility to be good at math for everyone. In my opinion, while some people have a tendency to solve math problems and enjoy dealing with them, some others may not have talent for this. In any case, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts